The current setup is:
- The old, WordPress site is on its own shared hosting account at Arvixe:
PERSONALCLASS suepellanddesigns.com $88.32 USD Biennially Expires: 03/15/2017 Host: baboon.arvixe.com
- The new, Drupal site is a subdomain of our Ruby VPS (set up like strodcreatives with its own document root, public_html/spd, not using the main multisite.)
We need to:
- Make the Drupal site (that is now accessible at spd.justmagicdesign.com) replace the WordPress site.
- Not disrupt email and keep the old email messages accessible.
- Keep the old site accessible to SPD staff but password protect it so only they can see it (and especially not Google).
For #1 (go to new site):
- We need to change the DNS A record for suepellanddesigns.com to point to the ruby server IP address.
- We need to configure the Apache server at ruby to resolve the suepellanddesigns.com URL to the public_html/spd document root.
For #2 (email):
- If we change the DNS MX record to point to the ruby server, can we still access old email messages via webmail from the baboon.arvixe.com cPanel?
- If we don't change the DNS MX record, can we get the Drupal site to be able to send email to suepellanddesigns.com addresses?
For #3 (keep old site accessible):
- Can we register suepellanddesigns.net and have it resolve to the old Wordpress site?
- How do you password protect a directory using cPanel? (Note: we could do this for old.naturalism.org which isn't working but should be.)
I tried setting up the ruby server for suepellanddesigns the same way strodcreatives is set up but I got an error message about when adding the Addon Domain:
(XID bnx78e) A DNS entry for the domain “spd.justmagicdesign.com” already exists.